High School Junior
- Schedule a campus tour
- Contact your regional recruiter
- Review majors and minors
- Take a look at the admission requirements
Fall (August – December)
- Apply for admission – App opens August 1
- Send test scores (unless test optional – learn more) using the following codes: ACT code is 4540; College Board code is 5904
- Send transcripts to the Office of Admissions:
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 6009
One Waterfront Place
Morgantown, WV 26506-6009
- Join the Official Families of the WVU Class of 2027 Facebook group
- Sign-up to be part of the Mountaineer Parents Club (it’s free!)
- Pay academic deposit once you’re admitted! (Has to be done before applying for housing.)
- October 1 - Housing applications are available
- October 1 – FAFSA opens and needs to be completed by March 1 for priority aid consideration
- November – Select your room (more information will be available closer to October)
Additional Things to do While Waiting:
- Contact your regional recruiter to discuss majors , minors and life at WVU
- Estimate your cost of attendance
- Look at requirements for institutional scholarships and explore our colleges/schools scholarships
- Take a virtual housing tour and explore our residence halls
- Take a virtual tour of campus or participate in a Tour Guide Live with a WVU Tour Guide
- Attend a virtual WVU event to explore campus and meet with representatives
Spring (January – May)To-Do List:
- Submit FAFSA by March 1 for priority aid consideration
- Register for Summer New Student Orientation (opens March 1)
- Look into tuition payment plan options
- Choose a dining plan
- Pay academic deposit by May 1
- Attend a WVU event to explore campus and meet with representatives (We will share upcoming in-person and virtual events here.)
- Complete the ALEKS Assessment before registering for New Student Orientation
Summer (June – August)To-Do List:
- Submit photo for Mountaineer Card by June 1
- Deadline to be admitted for central merit scholarship eligibility is June 1
- Last day to submit updated GPA or test scores for merit review is June 1
- Select a dining plan by June 30 or be automatically placed into one
- Review College Knowledge (PDF will be available soon)
- Review your bill via the Parent Portal at the beginning of July
- If needed, set-up a tuition payment plan by July 31
- Attend a Summer Send-Off hosted by your local Parents Club
- Reviewed the “ What to bring/What to leave ” lists when preparing what to pack for move-in
- Remind your student to complete the “Voices for Change” by Inclusive - more to come to your student's MIX email
- Research/order textbooks from our WVU Barnes and Noble Bookstore - this should be completed closer to the start of the semester
- Transfer medications to a Morgantown pharmacy ( Mountaineer Pharmacy is an on-campus option)
- Sign-up for WVU Alert and download the LiveSafe app
- Send transcripts to WVU if you haven’t yet (see address above)
- Rent a Microfridge by August 1
- Completed the Student Health Insurance waiver and immunization records by August 1. Waiver will open June 1
- Paid tuition (deadline is August 1)
- Have your student grant you permission to view their grades/bill by logging into the Parent/Guest portal .
- Move-in and attend an “I Survived Move-In” reception
Did You Know?
- You can view residence hall room dimensions here . Choose your hall and scroll down to the bottom.
- What can students have in their residence halls? Check out our “ What to bring/leave ” list.
- We offer a variety of Living-Learning Communities based on students’ interest. Explore our LLCs with your student.
- Students can join the Mountaineer Maniacs the June before they move-in.
- We do not require a physical to attend WVU. However, each student must submit an immunization record .
- All WVU students have to have health insurance. You can opt out of our insurance, AETNA, by completing the Health Insurance Waiver . This needs to be completed every year.
- Purchasing textbooks before the start of school is preference based. However, some aid requires students purchase their textbooks before classes start. Explore textbook options here .
- You can send packages to your students after August 1. To find your student’s on-campus address, go here .
- Parents do not automatically get to view their student’s grades and bills. Students have to grant parents access through the Parent/Guest portal .
- We have an academic and social calendar available for students and families.
- If your student is sick, or needs to see a doctor, we have a Student Health center. We even have our own pharmacy, Mountaineer Pharmacy , that students can have prescriptions filled.
- Not sure what FERPA means? What about RA? We use a lot of acronyms at WVU. You’ve made a helpful guide so you can know what we are talking about.
- College Knowledge is home to even more tips, tricks and timelines. You can even access important phone numbers.
- We're always available to help. You can email us at email@example.com or you can private message us on our Mountaineer Parents Club Facebook page.
Connect With UsSee the Families of Facebook Group Rules page.