Families of the Class of 2024 Facebook page
Welcome to the Families of Class of 2024 Facebook group. We’re so happy to welcome you to the Mountaineer family. This group is designed to introduce you to WVU and walk you through the admissions process with your student. Most importantly, this group is your platform to ask us questions. This group is managed by staff from University Relations and the Mountaineer Parents Club at WVU.
Before you get started, we ask that you read these rules before you’re accepted as a member on the page.
1. You will need to answer all three questions to be a member on this page.
- Your email
- Student’s name
- Have you read the Families of rules?
2. This page is for parents or guardians of an incoming student for the Class of 2024. No WVU faculty/staff or current or incoming students will be accepted.
3. Every question you submit will be reviewed before they are posted to the page.
4. Some questions may take longer to approve. If the question is more detailed, it may require research and reaching out to a department or specific person. But, don’t worry, we’re working hard to get the right answer for you.
5. It may take between 24-72 hours to approve and/or answer a question. If you have an urgent question, please call the department your question is related to.
6. We only answer questions Monday – Friday from 8:15 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
7. We cannot answer financial aid questions or questions that could compromise FERPA. You can call the Hub at 304-293-1988.
8. Some questions may not be approved and may require a private message. Please check your Facebook inbox when this happens.
9. If we cannot provide detailed answers to certain subjects, we will direct you to a website that has the correct information.
10. We will post announcements throughout the month around “hot” topics.
11. Please be polite with one another. This is a stressful time for everyone but we’re all going through this together.
12. Throughout the year, we will host a series of
Q&A’s where we will be available to answer your questions all day long.